Welcome to the Two Bears web site featuring the adventures of
Mr. Bear

Profile for 2 Bears & Company


December 31, 2016
Happy 30th Birthday, Mr. Bear!
Mr. Bear's favorite present, an eight pound can of Hershey's syrup!

December 24, 2016
Christmas eve! We finally got the carpet installed and the waterbed was put up! We'd been without it for nearly two months!

December 9, 2016 to December 13, 2016
Grandpa, Grandma and Aunt Cheryl came to see our new house! They brought some house-warming gifts, like
Kringle from O&H Danish Bakery and cheese from Mars Cheese Castle.

We went with them to the Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum. The weather was rather gloomy, but there weren't huge crowds like last time we were here!

November 23, 2016 to December 1, 2016
Paul had to make an unexpected trip back to Maryland. One of his friends, whom he'd known for 28 years, passed away. Please pray for his family. We miss you, Ken!
Paul spent Thanksgiving with friends, and they went to the funeral Saturday, and Paul went to the burial Monday. Then Paul went into work at his old office for a few days.

I (Bobo) went with Paul on the trip, and on our way home we stopped at South Mountain Creamery.

November 2016 to December 2016
There has been a lot of activity around the house. Painting was done. Flooring was put in. Electrical work was done. A new deep-freezer and stove were purchased. During all this we had to sleep on an air mattress! Moving is stressful!

This fireplace and partial wall were removed, because they were taking up a lot of space in the living room. The living room is much more open now.

October 28, 2016 to November 5, 2016
We're moving, and we had a hectic week! On Friday there were strange people in the house packing everything into boxes! Saturday, Tammie and Paul sold the old, green
Honda Civic which Paul bought in 1996 (20 years, 1 month and 29 days earlier). Sunday there was more packing, and the waterbed had to be taken down. Monday morning a big truck pulled up to our front door and loaded (almost) everything into it (we went in the car with Paul and Tammie, not in the truck with the boxes). Monday afternoon we headed to Pennsylvania to spend the night with Gram, Aunt Tracy, Cousin Lozetta and Cousin Ian.

There was a bit of a panic. Paul and Tammie hadn't received the instructions to wire the down-payment for the new house to the the title company before we left. The instructions finally arrived after we left Maryland. Tuesday they had to go to a branch of their bank near Gram's house to wire the money. It would have been a problem if we'd had to drive four hours back to Maryland to do a wire transfer from the usual branch. Because of this problem, we weren't able to go to The Waffle Shop, which we had planned on doing.

Wednesday we left Gram's house to head to our new home, and she came with us! She was almost as excited as we were! We stopped for the night at a hotel and arrived in our new town on Thursday. Friday Paul and Tammie closed on our new house and we started moving in! Saturday the movers arrived and unloaded the truck. Now they have to get everything unpacked....

August 20, 2016 to August 28, 2016
Another trip to
Bloomington, IN. We went this time to look for a new house! We found one we really liked, and had our offer on it accepted about seven hours after we first saw it (nine hours after starting our house hunting)! It's a berm house, so the ground comes up to the roof at the back. There are light tubes which transfer sun light into the house. The house is very bright during the day, even with the electric lights off.

July 3, 2016 to July 16, 2016
Another vacation! This time to Kentucky, Indiana and Wisconsin. We went to the ribbon cutting ceremony at the
Ark Encounter on July 5th. The Ark is huge and very impressive.

The nextpart of the trip was to Bloomington, IN. The company Paul works for has an office there, and there's the possibility he'll be transferred there. If he is transferred, we'll probably go with him; Tammie too.

The last part of this trip was to see Grandpa and Grandma in Wisconsin. First, we went to Lake Geneva, WI, where a lot of famous people have owned houses. We went on one of the few remaining Mail Boat tours in the United States. During the summer, people who live on Lake Geneva can have their mail delivered by boat. A person jumps off the boat with the mail, runs to the mailbox and jumps back on the boat.

We also went to Door County, a tourist destination in Wisconsin. Grandpa and Grandma took us to Wilson's Restaurant and Ice Cream Parlor, which was pretty good. We may have to go back to verify our opinion. We also ate at the restaurant Al Johnson's Swedish Restaurant, where there are goats on the roof. You can see them on the Goat Cam.

June 12, 2016 to June 19, 2016
We went on a cruise to the
Turks and Caicos and Bahamas! We took Paul and Tammie along with us again; this time they brought Grammy, Cousin Anna and Anna's friend Maranatha. We were on the Carnival Prive again. It's not our favorite ship, but a bad day on a cruise ship is better than a good day not on a cruise ship. We stopped at Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport. Anna, Maranatha and Paul went Snuba diving with Snuba Turks & Caicos.

Tammie took Grammy, Anna and Maranatha to McFadden Art Glass.

June 09, 2016 to June 11, 2016
Cousin Anna graduated from high school!

June 4, 2016 to June 5, 2016
We were in
Hershey, PA for the weekend! We went to the annual convention held by the National Association of Milk Bottle Collectors. We actually missed most of the convention because Paul couldn't take off work, but we got there for the last day. Sunday we left the hotel and ate at Hershey Road Family Restaurant. We had to have chocolate chip pancakes, of course.
February 29, 2016
Pap passed away today. It's been hard on the family, but everyone got a change to talk to him before he passed.

January 10, 2016
The first few days of 2016 were OK, but then it got bad quickly. On January 10 Pap had a stroke early in the morning. We got a call about 4:30 AM telling us what happened. We decided to wait until he had stabilized before making any decisions. About 8:30 we got another call asking us to come up. We drove up to the hospital Pap was at and were able to spend time with him. Tammie and Mr. Bear stayed for weeks, while Paul and Bobo came home.

Send us an e-mail